Monday, December 28, 2015

ALYOF final thoughts......






A Lovely Year of Finishes
A Lovely Year of Finishes





A Lovely Year of Finishes

The last three years have been so much fun, Melissa and I have really enjoyed managing and running A Lovely Year of Finishes. 

We have had the opportunity to work with some incredible sponsors and we have been lucky to see so many wonderful finishes, and finish a few projects ourselves.  

That being said, we have decided it is time to take a break from A Lovely Year of Finishes, and it is with heavy hearts that we are announcing the end of A Lovely Year of Finishes. 

We want to thank each and everyone person who linked up with us over the last three years. Give yourselves a huge round of applause, there have been over 3,000 finished projects linked up to our blogs. Talk about amazing!


We want to thank our incredible sponsors.  Your generosity has be unparalleled. 

This doesn't mean that Melissa and I are going away or that our wonderful friendship is ending, merely that we want some time to re-focus ourselves, our blogs, and our sewing.  We are excited for the future and we hope that you will keep up with your finishes.  

The group on Facebook will still be live and you are always welcome to keep posting there if you need some cheer leading!  

Don't forget that if you finished 6 out of 12 finishes this year you are eligible to link up to our finale party that will open on January 1st. Make sure to link to each of your awesome finishes in your blog post (or better yet, show a picture of each one in the post!).

And again, we aren't going anywhere, there will be lots of quilting, sewing and creating on each of our blogs in the coming year, we are just taking a break from this particular project.

Happy Sewing!

Melissa & Shanna

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to have only discovered ALYOF in its final year. I have enjoyed the motivation of setting a goal and linking it up. Thank you for organizing it and best of luck with your future projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks to you both so much for hosting this fun party - I think I even had a finish one year !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely miss ALYoF! You both have inspired me to get more finished this year then I expected! Many of those 3,000 finishes is a direct result of you both - thank you for that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you to you both for running the linky, it has been fun! Good luck and best wishes for the new Year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, I'm so sorry to hear this. But you have still inspired me to work on my UFOs and I do understand about wanting to be free to do other things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for hosting the ALYoF for the last 3 years! It's definitely motivated me to finish something every month.

    ReplyDelete

I {love} comments. . .
Don't worry if you're comment doesn't show up - I approve all comments before they are published {it forces me to read them}