Wednesday, June 25, 2014

New tasks & WIP Wednesday

I got a promotion at work. 

Awesome right.
Well it's true, I'm pretty proud.

And now that it's started I've lost track of time and space.  I have no clue what day it is or when deadlines are approaching or whizzing by my head.

I am not that bad but wow...I have an appreciation for my management now.

Last week alone was a super long week for both my fella and I.  It felt like 72 hours for every 24 hours.  And there was no extra sleep! This week feels the same sadly.

~~~

So when the weekend rolled around, my little family were all on the same page.  We need to unwind.

My fella immersed himself in his new hobby .. model building

I'm not the only one with hobbies.    We've had one of the longest weeks it's just time to relax

And my wonderful step-daughter is continuing on her path of baking up a storm.

Here is the teenlet's hobby. We may eat this at noon...maybe

Hear the complaining...

And this is what we were waiting for. I love having a baker in the house.

yeah us either!

Even I got to unwind and do some quilting.

Prepping quilts to send to a long armer somehow triggers me to do oh so much more. This is #notmyALYoFgoal

Actually a lot!
The above beauty is done and has the binding on it.  Just waiting for moments to hand stitch that down.

Quilt in transit to the awesome long arm quilter @orchidowlquilts

And I sent off a package to Orchid Owl Quilts.

I'm super excited to see this one as it's MINE!  None of this going away .... stuff.
The previous quilt I sent to Vicki hasn't been blogged about yet.
I've posted a few photos in Instagram.
I'll do a real post once that's done for real ...ya know - later.

This sending a new package has been a month in the process... but it may have been promoted by Melissa at Sew BitterSweet Designs sending off her June ALYoF projects off to Vicki.  I don't have a problem with competition...{cough}...noooo!

~~~

I'm so excited to share that I'm working on my MQG Michael Miller Fabric challenge quilt.

Practice has this wierd way of morphing into something that eventually looks pretty awesome. #michaelmillerchallenge #mqgfabricchallenge

I'm finally having fun with this FMQ stuff.

Happy quilting to you!

I'm linking up to





8 comments:

  1. Oh, those cinnamon rolls look so yummy! Your FMQ is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the promotion! But I totally get it. It definitely takes time away from the fun creative stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my !!!!! I could est a few of those now...LOL. quilts are looking wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your finished MM challenge quilt, I am working on mine too this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the new position!!! When life gets crazy is when we need our creative outlets the most...and a cinnamon roll (or two!), so don't skimp on refueling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you were able to find some sewing time. And those cinnamon buns look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cinnamon buns look like they're to die for. Also, loving the sneaky shots of quilts!! FMQing looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the promotion! I know what you mean though, 14-15 hour days are kicking my arse right now, and I don't even have home made cinnamon buns *sob*

    ReplyDelete

I {love} comments. . .
Don't worry if you're comment doesn't show up - I approve all comments before they are published {it forces me to read them}