Saturday, March 2, 2013

At the finish line there are triangles

Finishing up this beauty was part of an inspiration for
'A Lovely Year of Finishes' for 2013

Triangle love ~ Front

Oh triangles make me smile! 

Triangle projects that I've seen around the web just look so easy - but yeah it's not. 
This was my first projects like this. . and let me just say that I'm way better at these near the end than the beginning! I LOVE learning :)

This is for my bff's beautiful toddler.

Triangle love ~ Detail

I used many pieces from the line Cameo by Amy Butler
I also used voile for the back that I purchased from Julie at Interpid Thread. 

I'm not happy that the voile didn't "stick" to my 505 Spray. I tried a few different things but overall just powered through. A few puckers on the back but I'm super PROUD it's done!  I'm not too concerned as it's busy enough and a toddler won't be inspecting my stitches. 

Triangle love ~ back


I can't wait to get through a few more finishes in my pile of WIP's so I can get to another project like this.

Yeah for finishes!

For those that are participating in our 'A Lovely Year of Finishes' post your photo loves on twitter and instagram with the #ALYoF

The March linky is open till the 7th found here.



7 comments:

  1. It looks great, and I bet the voile on the back feels fab

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so pretty. Congratulations on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so sweet. Love your picture. There's a place up the road from me that looks just like that. Are you in my backyard? lol Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background,even though you had issues with it,it looks fab! I love triangles too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are not the first who has said that of 505 and voile! I so adore voile for a quilt back too. Your quilt is amazing! I love it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is interesting about the 505 and voile, I'll keep that in mind. A busy back is good for hiding any mistakes, I always keep THAT in mind when choosing backing fabric. Yay for getting a top off your WIP list! I love the colors of the triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo!!! Another great finish for you =D I didn't get to enter this month or finish my project from last month :( I'll be ready for April!!!

    ReplyDelete

I {love} comments. . .
Don't worry if you're comment doesn't show up - I approve all comments before they are published {it forces me to read them}