Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Still working it. . that's right

I want to share some links to some local (amazing) bloggers that have some photos of the ice storm that we had. 

Becky over at Becky's Blabber is a local quilter.  We've had coffee a few times and have to plan a quilting night - she said with WINE.  Oh lala!  Some of her photos of the ice storm are here

A good friend of mine has a way with the camera. She hasn't posted in a while but she did post an amazing photo from this past storm here and here.

I've been blah blah blah.  I think it's because I'm forced to work.

I was able to catch up in my Sew.Happy.Quilt quilt along. 

This beauty is called Fireflies

Fireflies Block

I used this tute

And this is called Template Star Block

Template Star Block

I used this tute.
My brain apparently couldn't grasp this block to save my life.  I re-cut this thing FOUR TIMES {yes, that is me cyber-yelling}. First I didn't have the template large enough, then I cut the white too small.  Then I re-cut this and I had the blue (used to be orange} cut on the wrong side - twice.  I used my seam ripper more times on this than I want to admit. Lalalala.  So eventually I got this block right.  And let me tell ya. . I'm happy to have it done with.  :)
 
Another block came out yesterday.  I might break into my fabrics soon - maybe.
 
Go check out the flickr group of the amazing 100+ participants and Jenna over at Sew Happy Geek {click the pretty button}.
 
SewHappyGeek

6 comments:

  1. You re-cut it 4 times?!? You are a much better person than me...by number 3 it would have been in the trash :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, sorry that star kicked your butt, fabric and/or sewing machines might have been flying by the end of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love that herringbone print. LOVE it. Your blocks are beautiful by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out! Your blocks are great! Whatcha' doing this week-end?

    ReplyDelete
  5. great blocks and so glad you won the battle!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wine with a quilting friend...sounds devine! :) Your latest two blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete

I {love} comments. . .
Don't worry if you're comment doesn't show up - I approve all comments before they are published {it forces me to read them}